DFW AIRPORT, Texas — December 6, 2018 — Perot Development Company today received approval from the DFW International Airport board of directors for ground leases on 196 acres at the east end of the airport. The site fronts the President George Bush Turnpike (SH 161), adjoins the Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) Orange Line and is directly across the freeway from the DART Belt Line Station. The Irving property will be the site of Perot Development’s DFW Park 161 master-planned project, encompassing four global e-commerce hubs known as Logistic Centers 8, 9, 10 and 11, totaling over 2.4 million square feet.
Perot recently completed construction of Logistics Centers 6 and 7 at the north end of DFW International Airport. Including the four new buildings announced today, the company will have developed an impressive total of nearly 5 million square feet in global e-commerce hubs at the airport over a five-year period.
A groundbreaking on the new buildings is anticipated by March 2019. The four buildings, expected to be available for lease by 2020, will provide all of the key elements tenants require for efficient office, showroom and distribution facilities. Each facility offers a location convenient not only to the airport and the President George Bush Turnpike (SH 161), but also to other key transportation thoroughfares such as I-635, I-35, SH 114 and SH 121.
- Logistics Center 8 will be a 1,422,720-square-foot facility on 102.07 acres, with a minimum 40’ clear height, 322 dock doors, 202 trailer storage positions and 803 parking spaces.
- Logistics Center 9 will be a 648,960-square-foot facility located on 50.31 acres, with a minimum 36’ clear height, 160 dock doors, 83 trailer storage positions and 449 parking spaces.
- Logistics Center 10 will be a 156,000-square-foot facility located on 15.96 acres, with a minimum 30’ clear height, 45 dock doors, 50 trailer storage positions and 187 parking spaces.
- Logistics Center 11 will be a 182,000-square-foot facility on 28.02 acres, with a minimum 30’ clear height, 45 dock doors, 48 trailer storage positions and 272 parking spaces.
All four buildings will incorporate the latest design and technology to maximize the project size and functionality, and will offer key features and benefits such as:
- Strategic, central DFW Metroplex location for easy access to showrooms, efficient customer pick-up and deliveries, and convenient access to labor
- Frontage to President George Bush Turnpike (SH 161)
- Accessible via two freeway exits – Gateway Drive and Belt Line Road off the Bush Turnpike/SH 161
- Triple Freeport inventory tax exemption available in Dallas County, Carrollton/Farmers Branch ISD and the City of Irving (via City Council approval)
- Foreign Trade Zone benefits
- Proximity to FedEx and UPS regional hubs
- Proximity to USPS bulk mail center
- Proximity to air cargo areas and major freight forwarders at airport
The state-of-the-art facilities are being built on a speculative basis and are expected to generate strong interest in the marketplace.
“We are excited about the prospect of adding these major, global e-commerce hubs to the stable of Logistics Centers we have previously developed around DFW International Airport, North Texas’ powerful economic engine,” said Perot Development CEO Pat Perot. “The region’s continued, dynamic growth has created an incredible demand for state-of-the-art logistics facilities such as these. We greatly appreciate the support and partnership we have received from DFW International Airport and the City of Irving in laying the groundwork for DFW Park 161. We know they will be proud of this project once it is completed next year.”
Perot Development’s previously developed global e-commerce hubs at DFW International Airport include the following:
- Logistics Center I (completed in 2014, now an Amazon Fulfillment Center): 1,053,365 square feet on 60.18 acres in Coppell
- Logistics Center II (completed in 2015, now an Amazon Fulfillment Center): 1,041,600 square feet on 60.47 acres in Coppell
- Logistics Center III (completed in 2016, now leased to Siemens): 119,976 square feet on 9.5 acres in Irving
- Logistics Center IV (completed in 2016, now leased to Coca-Cola): 143,950 square feet on 8.84 acres in Irving
- Logistics Center V (completed in 2016, with Aramark Refreshments now the major tenant): 116,072 square feet on 8.95 acres in Irving
- Logistics Center 6 (completed in 2018, now available for lease): 67,500 square feet on 5.0 acres in Irving
- Logistics Center 7 (completed in 2018, now available for lease): 74,375 square feet on 5.26 acres in Irving
Perot Development also previously developed other significant facilities at DFW International Airport such as Aviall Services, Inc.’s headquarters and global distribution center totaling 280,000 square feet, Dallas Airmotives’ jet engine repair and testing facilities totaling 228,000 square feet and the 404,500-square-foot warehouse and distribution center known as DFW International Commerce Park I.
Halff Associates is serving as the project architect and civil engineer, and Peinado Construction will be the general contractor.
As recently reported by The Dallas Morning News, DFW International Airport has developed projects on approximately 2,400 acres from 2005 to the present, and currently has under construction or about to start construction another 1,000 acres of projects, representing 15 million square feet in 26 buildings.