DFW AIRPORT, Texas — November 16, 2018 — Perot Development Company recently completed construction of Logistics Center 6 and Logistics Center 7 at the north end of DFW International Airport, bringing the company’s impressive, global e-commerce hubs at the airport to a total of nearly 2.5 million square feet developed over the last five years alone.
The two buildings, now available for lease, provide all of the elements desired for efficient office, showroom and distribution facilities.
Logistics Center 6 is a 67,500-square-foot facility located on 5.0 acres at 725 Royal Lane in Irving. It is conveniently located not only to the airport, but also to key transportation thoroughfares such as I-635, I-35, SH 114, SH 121 and the President George Bush Turnpike (SH 161). It incorporates the latest design and technology to maximize the project size and functionality, with a minimum 28’ clear height, 28 dock doors and 174 parking spaces.
Logistics Center 7 is a 74,375-square-foot facility located on 5.26 acres at 775 Royal Lane in Irving. It also offers not only convenient transportation thoroughfare access, but also a minimum 28’ clear height, 27 dock doors and 170 parking spaces.
Both buildings offer features such as:
- Strategic, central DFW Metroplex location for easy access to showrooms and efficient customer pick-up and deliveries
- Visibility to LBJ Freeway
- Triple freeport inventory tax exemption
- Foreign Trade Zone benefits
- Proximity to FedEx and UPS regional hubs
- Proximity to USPS bulk mail center
- Proximity to air cargo areas and major freight forwarders at airport
The state-of-the-art facilities were built on a speculative basis and have generated strong interest in the marketplace.
Perot Development’s previously developed global e-commerce hubs at DFW International Airport include the following:
- Logistics Center I (completed in 2014, now an Amazon Fulfillment Center): 1,053,365 square feet on 60.18 acres in Coppell
- Logistics Center II (completed in 2015, now an Amazon Fulfillment Center): 1,041,600 square feet on 60.47 acres in Coppell
- Logistics Center III (completed in 2016, now leased to Siemens): 119,976 square feet on 9.5 acres in Irving
- Logistics Center IV (completed in 2016, now leased to Coca-Cola): 143,950 square feet on 8.84 acres in Irving
- Logistics Center V (completed in 2016, with Aramark Refreshments now the major tenant): 116,072 square feet on 8.95 acres in Irving
Perot Development also previously developed other significant facilities at DFW International Airport such as Aviall Services, Inc.’s headquarters and global distribution center totaling 280,000 square feet, Dallas Airmotives’ jet engine repair and testing facilities totaling 228,000 square feet and the 404,500-square-foot warehouse and distribution center known as DFW International Commerce Park I.
“We are pleased to have Logistics Centers 6 and 7 open their doors and look forward to welcoming tenants soon to these convenient, state-of-the-art facilities,” said Perot Development CEO Pat Perot. “We greatly appreciate the support we have received from our project partners throughout the years, including not only DFW International Airport, but also the Cities of Coppell, Grapevine and Irving. I know we will have many more exciting endeavors in the future, to help ensure that the North Texas region remains strong and is well-positioned as a leader in global business.”
Oklahoma City-based Humphreys Capital served as the equity partner on the Logistics Centers 6 and 7 project. Halff Associates served as the project architect and civil engineer, and Peinado Construction was the general contractor.
As recently reported by The Dallas Morning News, DFW International Airport has developed projects on approximately 2,400 acres from 2005 to the present, and currently has under construction or about to start construction another 1,000 acres of projects, representing 15 million square feet in 26 buildings.